1. Become a CSI investigator in SJND’s Biomedical Sciences Program.
2. Participate in the Pi Day Festival. On Pi Day, Pilots recite Pi, eat pie and even pie teachers!
3. Get on stage! Let out your inner performing artist in the Spring Musical. More than 25% of students participate in the production, held at the beautiful Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts in Oakland.
4. Go clubbing at Club Rush, an annual event showcasing SJND’s diverse student organizations. Clubs include Fandomania, Culinary Exploration Club, the Us’s and more.
5. Skydive! Join SJND’s AP Physics for iFLY indoor skydiving field trip.
6. Join the drum circle with SJND’s Percussion Ensemble.
7. Learn Mandarin, the world’s most spoken language. Mandarin is the newest language in the SJND program, which also includes four levels each of Spanish and Sign Language.
8. Play on! More than 75% of students participate in any of our 29 SJND teams. Lunchtime Intramural Sports offer more ways to stay fit and make friends.
9. Travel to Costa Rica, the Galapagos Islands, or Peru to learn science and social studies through SJND’s Academic Immersion Trips.
10. Acquire a superpower that isn’t taught in 90% of schools today. Sign up for SJND’s Computer Science and Programming course and learn the language of the 21st century.
11. Express yourself! SJND’s nationally recognized literary magazine, Prisms, offers you the opportunity to submit your original creative work, whether poetry, prose, or music.
12. Make the world a little better by participating in SJND’s Interact Club. The club selects a variety of dynamic projects to serve and improve the community.
13. Take time to reflect, pray, and attend a mass led by Father George in the beautiful St. Joseph Basilica.
14. Support the St. Joseph elementary school by playing! The El Rancho Day Fiesta is the middle school’s biggest party and fundraiser with food, games, and lots of ways to play and win prizes!
15. Master the art and science of leadership. SJND’s student council, known as the Campus Life Team, includes leadership opportunities at both class and school-wide levels.
16. Make some noise! Join the Flight Crew, SJND’s student cheering group, or just bring family and friends to sports events and co-pilot school victories!
17. Lead the next generation. In your first year, you have the opportunity to lead middle school leadership retreats. After your first year, join Link Crew and mentor SJND ninth graders.
18. Find your voice in Speech and Debate. Join the team to master public speaking and critical thinking skills. Then put your skills to the test by competing against other Northern California schools.
19. Get to know Rocket the chinchilla by visiting Mrs. Taylor’s classroom.
20. Get decked out in extreme orange and blue for P2BAP (Proud to be a Pilot Week).
21. Create your own sizzling bibimbop bowl at Bowl’d, Alameda’s new Korean BBQ restaurant.
22. Check out South Shore Center for Jamba Juice, Five Guys, Chipotle, Starbucks, Trader Joe’s and more.
23. Explore Alameda’s mobile food market at Off the Grid every Saturday
24. Feed your sweet tooth at dessert restaurant Cookiebar or for the ice-cream connoisseur, Tucker’s, a local favorite since 1941.
25. Savor sushi with a San Francisco view at Sushi House and Mexican cuisine at La Penca Azul.
26. Drink your tapioca! Afterschool hotspot Tapioca Express serves refreshing boba and tea.
27. Grab a B.O.B. before school at Bluedot Café, just a block from campus. You may see SJND artwork on display.
28. Find your favorite fine foods at the Marketplace.
29. Experiment to identify your favorite ramen at Yojimbo Sushi!
30. Time for breakfast? A few of Alameda’s popular breakfast spots are Ole’s Waffle Shop, Little House Cafe or Café Jolie.
31. Bowl a perfect game at AMF Southshore Lanes or play the 90+ pinball machines at Pacific Pinball Museum.
32. Join an indoor soccer league or do some climbing at the Bladium Sports and Fitness Club.
33. Hit the links at the beautiful Chuck Corica Golf Complex.
34. Swim, kayak or windsurf at Crown Memorial State Beach and Crab Cove.
35. Run with champions! Join the Pilots’ cross country team, two-time state champions, at the Alameda Mayor’s Fourth of July 5k Race.
36. Play bocce ball and shuffleboard at Lincoln Park.
37. Skate a concrete bowl, steel ramps, quarter pipes, and ledges at Alameda Skate Park at the former Alameda Naval Air Station.
38. Bike the Alameda section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail. You can ride from Crown Memorial Beach and follow the shoreline, crossing the Bay Farm Island Bike Bridge.
39. Attend SJND’s Summer Discovery Sports Clinics for volleyball, basketball, and running.
40. Help fight cancer and stay fit in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Alameda annual running and fundraising event.
41. Shop local at Books Inc.
42. Tour historic Alameda with visits to The Alameda Museum, USS Hornet Museum and Alameda Naval Air Museum.
43. Catch a movie at the Historic Alameda Theatre and Cineplex and grab a burger next door at Burgermeister.
44. Take a stroll down Park Street for great restaurant finds and boutique shopping.
45. Mini-golf the 18-hole, mini indoor course with holes that showcase San Francisco Bay landmarks at Subpar Miniature Golf.
46. Get your gaming on at High Scores Arcade: Interactive Arcade Museum.
47. Bring your shovel, bucket and creativity to the beach for the annual Sandcastle and Sand Sculpture Contest.
48. Enjoy the arts with the Estuary Art Attack, 2nd Friday Art Walks that include 21 venues that span Park Street to Jingletown art studios.
49. Get ready for prom--great threads right around the corner! Lilac Dress Boutique for dresses and Golden Needle Tailoring for tuxedo rentals.
50. Celebrate Halloween in Alameda’s Gold Coast neighborhood. The neighborhood is transformed into a haunting and fun multi-block celebration for trick-or-treaters.