Attend SJND's 5th Annual Dream Flight Tuition Assistance Gala on Saturday, Oct. 26 at the Claremont Country Club. Click here to purchase Early Bird Tickets by 9/30.
Season of Pride: Fall Athletics
Congratulations to our fall student-athletes. Women's Golf, Women's and Men's Cross Country and Women's Volleyball all won league titles!
And special congratulations to Men's and Women's Cross Country for outstanding performances at the State Championship Meet. Sophomore Kiera Marshall placed 2nd in Division 5, the best individual finish ever for SJND men or women. The meet was senior Veronica's Aguila's 3rd straight state appearance and best finish at 55th. Senior Michael Murphy finished his high school career with 4 league titles, 4 NCS titles and 4 individual podium finishes. Sophomore Cooper Teare placed 5th and now holds the 2nd fastest time for SJND at 15:44 (with Gabe Arias-Sheridan '14 with the record of 15:42). At the State Championship Meet for Division 5, the men's team placed 2nd overall of 23 teams and the women's team placed 9th of 24 teams.
COACHES AWARDS At the end of each season, student-athletes are recognized by their coaches for their exceptional contributions to the team.
- Women's JV Volleyball MVP - Lily Reynier; Most Improved- Julia De Leon; Most Inspirational- Sanjana Ravi
- Women's Varsity Volleyball MVP - Rebecca Langowski; Most Improved - Allison Young; Most Inspirational- Alexandra Oilar
- Women's Tennis MVP - Savannah Fisher; MVP - Aysha Hayes; Most Inspirational - Natalie Coberg; Most improved- Claire Rondenet; Most improved- Lauren Rondenet
- Men's JV Cross Country MVP- Connor Waterloo; Most Improved- Cameron Gill; Most Inspirational- Ben Wiley
- Men's Varsity Cross Country MVP- Cooper Teare; MVP- Michael Murphy; Most Improved- Willie Mein; Most Inspirational- Matthew Murphy
- Women's Varsity Cross Country MVP- Kiera Marshall; MVP- Veronica Aguila; Most Improved- Karina Duarte; Most Inspirational- Beatrice Levy
- Women's Golf MVP -Eileen Rhatigan; Coaches Award -Alexandra Hauck; Most Improved-Madison O'Connor; Most Inspirational -Courtney Shojinaga; Captain Award - Analyssa Briones
ALL-LEAGUE SELECTIONS These honors are determined by all the coaches in the TCAL. It is a great honor for our student-athletes to be recognized by the other coaches in our league. Congratulations to:
- Women's Volleyball Rebecca Langowski 1st team (League MVP); Emma Doud 1st team; Dana Pineda 2nd team; Madelyn LaFollette 2nd team; Lena Reed- Petracek 2nd team; Allie Oilar -Honorable Mention
- Women's Golf Eileen Rhatigan 1st team; Alexandra Hauck 1st team
- Women's Tennis Savannah Fisher 2nd team; Nicole Bermudez 2nd team; Aysha Hayes 2nd team
- Women's Cross Country Kiera Marshall 1st team (League MVP); Beatrice Levy 1st team; Veronica Aguila 1st team; Karina Duarte 2nd team
- Men's Cross Country Michael Murphy 1st team (League MVP); Cooper Teare 1st team; Matthew Murphy 1st team; Willie Mein 1st team; Daniel Ratto 2nd team; Gavin Hill 2nd team; Jackson Sundhiem 2nd team