SJND Parents & Students: Visit the Parent & Student Resources webpage for more information on important upcoming dates and Summer Assignments.
Seventeen Alumni Return for Annual Back From College Panel
On Wednesday, January 9th, 17 Alumni from the Classes of 2017 and 2018 returned to SJND for the Annual Back from College Panel, making it our largest panel yet! The panel, organized by the Alumni and College Counseling Offices, gives current SJND students the opportunity to ask questions about the transition from high school to college.
The panelists discussed a variety of topics, ranging from the the college search and decision process, to differences in classroom environments, balancing work and class loads, dealing with roommates, and even how to prepare for a new climate in some cases.
In addition to speaking with our college-bound students, participating Alumni also had the opportunity to catch up with former classmates and faculty.
“The Back From College panel was a great opportunity for our seniors to ask young alumni important questions since they are in the midst of the college application process and will be making the transition to college in just a few months. Younger students were able to think about the future and get great ideas on what to look for as they begin their college search,” said Mrs. Allison Yee, SJND’s College Counselor.
Thank you again to the following Alumni who participated in the 2019 Back from College Panel:
- Javia Anderson ’17, California State University, Sacramento
- Nicole Bermudez ’17, Dominican University
- Joshua Bernaldo ’18, University of California, Berkeley
- Morgan Griffith ‘17, California Lutheran University
- Miracris Villanueva ’17, University of California, Berkeley
- Azalea Koch ’17, California College of the Arts
- Mia Karlsrud ’18, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Theresa Killian ’18, Cal Poly Pomona
- Nicole Langford ’17, Seton Hall University
- Mika Phillips ’17, University of Redlands
- Fiona Picchi ’18, Carroll College
- Jalia Robertson ’17, Laney College
- Rebecca Rochlin ’17, University of California, Berkeley
- Brooke Tyler ’17, George Washington University
- Keri Wagner ’18
- Lauren Wallace ’18, Seton Hall University
- Peli Woods ’18, Boston Conservatory at Berklee