On April 17, 16 SJND alums returned to campus to share their insights, knowledge and careers with the Class of 2018 at our annual Career Day. The alumni, who represent a variety of fields, spoke about their individual career paths and shared helpful tips with the seniors. Many also had the opportunity to reconnect with their former teachers and reminisce about their time on campus as a Pilot.
In addition to hearing from the Career Day speakers, members of the Class of 2018 also served as student ambassadors and fine tuned their networking skills during a lunch and in between speaker sessions.
Thank you to all our wonderful Career Day speakers, including:
- Bob Butler ’71, KCBS Reporter and Executive Director of Butler Media;
- Samantha Cordova ’03, Owner, Operator, Personal Trainer, MissFit Training;
- Breeanna Decker ’10, Program Associate, Urban Strategies Council;
- William DeMar ’94, Principal, Enso Wealth Management;
- Patrick Larsen ’02, Associate Attorney, Watson & Machado;
- Shereda Nosakhare ’01, Chief of Staff for Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf;
- Lauren Oyen ’07, Project Manager, One Workplace;
- Rachel Palacios ‘92, Self Employed, Artist and Multi-Cultural Arts Educator;
- Tyler Primas ’12, Associate Copywriter, Fenty Beauty at Kendo Brands;
- Jordan Rausse ’12, Clinical Nurse II, UC Davis Medical Center;
- Alvin Hernandez Rivera ’98, Physician, Sutter Health: Summit Medical Center;
- James Edwin Spence III ’65, Retired Community College Teacher;
- Dianna Tate ’98 Tremblay, Accelerator Manager, ICA Fund Good Jobs;
- Leilani Anne Wagner ’02, Marketing Consultant, Yoga Guide, Graduate Professor, Self-Employed; Saint Mary’s College of California;
- Francis Neil Zamora ’96, Director of External Affairs, San Francisco Department of Emergency Management;
- and Paul Zugnoni ’97, Head of Datacenters and Networking, Wish.